Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Crockpot Gluten Free Vegetarian Ratatouille


Fall is typically crockpot season, but I have nothing against using the crockpot in the summer for a quick and easy meal. On the days that I work I have a long commute and I can be gone for 10-11 hours at a time so meal prep has become a life saver. 

This week I made a gluten free and vegan version of Panera's Thai Chicken Salad for lunch and for dinner I made vegetarian ratatouille. I have made a crockpot ratatouille before, but I changed a number of things up. First and foremost I made it vegetarian, I also cut back the amount of tomato paste, and added gluten free veggie dogs for a protein punch.

Crockpot Vegetarian Ratatouille 
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 small sweet onion, diced
  • 1 egg plant, cut into chunks
  • 1 zucchini, sliced
  • 1 summer squash, sliced
  • 2 roma tomatos, diced
  • 4 light life gluten free jumbo veggie dogs, sliced
  • 6 oz. organic tomato paste
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ground black pepper, to taste
  • dried basil, to taste

Line the crockpot with liner for super easy clean up.

Place all diced vegetables in the crockpot. 

Put sliced veggie dogs on top of the vegetables.

Dump the tomato paste on top of everything and sprinkle the seasonings on top.

Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.

I paired the ratatouille with cooked spaghetti squash, but it's awesome over zoodles too! 

Nutrition per serving (makes 7 1 cup servings):
MACROS: 20C/5F/11P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 7.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 160
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5 g7 %
Saturated Fat 1 g3 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 374 mg16 %
Potassium 672 mg19 %
Total Carbohydrate 20 g7 %
Dietary Fiber 6 g24 %
Sugars 12 g
Protein 11 g22 %
Vitamin A29 %
Vitamin C93 %
Calcium3 %
Iron11 %

No comments:

Post a Comment