Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Roasted Red Potatoes, Mushrooms, and Green Beans


Rain, rain go away, come again another day...or in three months. I feel like a broken record, but there is so.much.rain! Cora has not been happy with all the rain either. She doesn't mind regular rain, but it has been pouring and she does not like that one bit. Trying to keep her occupied and out of trouble in the house is another story- hence why all of her stuffed animals are now headless, limbless, and gutted. Sigh.

Anywho, as part of this weeks meal prep I made roasted red potatoes and mushrooms and also cooked green beans. To make things easy every week I plan out my meals before I go grocery shopping. This way I only buy what I need and I don't have extra food laying around that will go bad. Overall this weeks meal prep was very easy and took little time- and I am all about easy! 

Roasted Red Potatoes
  • 8 baby red potatoes, sliced into chunks
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • pepper, to taste
  • garlic salt, to taste
  • greek seasoning, to taste

Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil. 

In a large ziploc bag combine potatoes, olive oil, and seasoning. 

Spread potatoes on baking sheet. *Note I baked my potatoes and mushrooms together to save time.

Bake potatoes at 400F for 25-35 minutes. Check potatoes at 25 minutes to make sure they don't burn. The potatoes should be crispy not mushy when they are done.

Roasted Mushrooms
  • 8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic

In a large ziploc bag combine garlic and mushrooms.

On a baking sheet spread out the mushrooms. I cooked them on the same sheet with the potatoes.

Bake at 400F for 25 minutes. Even in if the potatoes are not done remove the mushrooms from the baking sheet and return the potatoes to the oven. No one wants burnt mushrooms.

While the mushrooms and potatoes were cooking I prepped and started cooking the green beans.

For the green beans, wash the beans and snip the ends off. 

In a large pot place trimmed beans and cover them with water.

Cover pot and place it on the stovetop. Turn the burner to high. 

When the water begins to boil turn the tilt the lid allowing the heat to escape and turn the burner down to a medium/high heat. On my stove I had it at 6.5. 

Allow the beans to simmer for 12 minutes. Check the beans- you want them to be tender, not soggy but not crunchy either. If the beans are tender remove from heat and drain the water. 

I added a bit of garlic to the green beans, but I prefer my green beans pretty plain. Feel free to play around with different spices to get a different taste.

Nutrition for baby red potatoes (based on six 1/2 cup servings):
MACROS: 17C/2F/2P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 6.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 88
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2 g3 %
Saturated Fat 0 g1 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 0 mg0 %
Potassium 413 mg12 %
Total Carbohydrate 17 g6 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g5 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 2 g4 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C30 %
Calcium17 %
Iron0 %

No comments:

Post a Comment