Wednesday, August 8, 2018

All The Puppies: Thinking Out Loud #101

Happy Thursday! This week has been a bit of a rollaercoaster. There's a lot of big things happening both personally and professionally, so I'm glad it's my weekend where I can step back and just take a breather. Good news is all the changes are exciting, including my brother's wedding in Cali (mini vacay!) and going to a Taylor Swift concert in a few weeks🎉Anyway there's a ton of cute puppies ahead, so let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!

1. It's not secret I'm in love (or mildly obsessed) with dogs. I'd love to adopt a pup from the humane society, but with my insane schedule and living in an apartment it's just not the ideal circumstances to have one. My boyfriend remedies my puppy love by taking me to the shelter every couple of week to play with all the dogs. Nothing beats giving those dogs a few minutes of attention because they're cooped up inside all day until they find homes. This sweeties name is Mocha and she was such a ham. All she wanted to do it play and give kisses, I hope she finds an amazing home💜

2. A lot of people think reporting is super glamorous- totally not true. Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore my job and my coworkers, but glamorous is not an adjective I would ever use to describe the job. A lot of my days are spent waiting around for people to call me back, rushing around like a crazy person to meet deadlines, lots of driving, and attempting to look put together when I'm on camera. I took this inside a live truck while our photographer (also one of my best friends) and I were stuck waiting around. It was well over 90 degrees and lemme tell you no AC can keep up that great with the heat🔥

3. Weird things happen around TV stations and in the latest edition of oddities I was walking outside to the station cars to go to a shoot and what do I find in the parking lot? A pair of men's underwear. Lord know how they got there, I certainly don't want to know. 

4. On a WAY cuter note, one of our evening anchors got a new puppy. She brought the adorable pup into work which automatically made my day and the little cutie was obsessed with sniffing the camera lens. Even though I had been stuck out in the heat and in the hot live truck as soon as I saw the puppy my day was instantly better. Puppies really do make everything better🐶

5. Having gracious speech is something everyone could work on, myself included. I'm far from gracious. If I'm asked my opinion I will give it and I don't believe in sugarcoating the truth, which isn't always the best. I'll never be the most gracious person in the room, but it's something I'll work on and will continue to work on forever. 

Have a terrific Thursday and a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment