Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Spicing Up Leftovers

This week has felt ridiculously long and its only Wednesday!! I have had midterms this week, which is why I have been slacking and haven't posted any new recipes. I apologize for neglecting my blog, but sadly college has to come before my blog, no matter how much I wish I could just cook and post recipes for all you lovely readers all day! 

Since this week has consisted of midterms I have not done a lot of cooking. I have been heating up leftovers of my crockpot turkey tenderloins for the past few nights. However I going through my pictures on a study break and I realized I never blogged about what I did with my chicken cacciatore leftovers. Since my brain is fried from studying and classes today I figure now is as good time a time as ever to post it!! Again sorry for the delay.

If you have not checked out the recipe I posted for chicken cacciatore I highly recommend you do. It's healthy and super easy to make and in my books that's a winning combination!! I had enough for five nights of leftovers and one night I came back from class I decided to heat up some of the chicken cacciatore and serve it over spaghetti squash again.

Depending on the strength of your microwave you will have to adjust the cook time. I heated up 1 cup on chicken cacciatore in a microwave safe covered with wax paper for one minute and thirty seconds. When time was up I took it out stirred it, and heated up my spaghetti squash. 

I had individual bags of spaghetti squash frozen which were each one cup (one serving) of spaghetti squash. Since mine was frozen I heated it up in a microwave safe bowl, covered with wax paper for two minutes. When time was up there is a considerable amount of liquid in the bowl (because the spaghetti squash is thawing). I carefully poured the water out, then heated it up again for two minutes. At the end of two minutes I put the chicken cacciatore on top of the spaghetti squash and heated them up together for forty-five seconds. When time was up the chicken cacciatore served over spaghetti squash was smoking hot and all ready. 

I knew I wanted something to go with my meal so I heated up one cup of organic broccoli I had cut up and frozen in. I put one tablespoon of water in the microwave safe bowl with the broccoli, covered it with wax paper and heated it up for one minute and thirty seconds. My broccoli was ready and I topped it with one tablespoon of freshly shredded Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.

My food was all hot and ready to be devoured!!! I love leftovers, they are quick and easy, and if done right they can taste just as good as the first time around. I hope you enjoy your leftovers and have an excellent Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment