Monday, May 19, 2014

Cuckoo for....OATS!

Do you remember the old commercials for cocoa puffs with the crazy bird who was cuckoo for cocoa puffs? I certainly ate a bowl or two of cocoa puffs as a kid. 

I'm not cuckoo for cocoa puffs anymore, but I certainly am cuckoo for overnight oats. They are seriously the easiest thing ever and it takes less than five minutes to make. I usually make up a few at a time so I can grab and go throughout the week. 

Last night I made one up for today, which I ended up eating as part of my lunch after an intense workout. Today's was definitely one of my favorite's I've made so far!

The layers are:
  • 1/4 cup Dannon Lit and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 cup steel cut oats (gluten free)
  • handful of blueberries
  • handful of raspberries
  • 3 large strawberries, sliced
  • more greek yogurt
  • more steel cut oats (gluten free)
  • 1/2 small banana, sliced
  • 2 large strawberries, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sprinkled overtop

Want more overnight oats? Try these easy overnight oats recipes

If you make them tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #thesimplelife and go like my new page on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment