Saturday, August 9, 2014

5K Race Fuel

Life is good. Six months ago I never thought I would be in the place or state of mind I currently am, but I couldn't be happier. This afternoon I shared a picture on instagram from the 5K I ran in this morning. 

I had so much fun participating in the run and I can't wait to race again soon. Taking part in the 5K was a blessing for me because a month ago I was diagnosed with lupus- I will write a separate post about that. 

While my time was not my personal best or close to what I used to be able to do prior to health challenges I am proud I was able to participate. 


It was a great first race post diagnosis because it wasn't the traditional 5K. They didn't keep track of our times, instead everyone got participatory medals. Gotta love small town races.


Last night prior to the race I made sure to fuel my body properly for today. I had the other half of my Michigan Salad (the one with smoked turkey breast), a delicious GF roll and a baby sweet potato. Food is fuel and it's always important to fuel your body properly!


For dinner today, post-race, I had a firework salad, a small veggie plate with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, cooked green beans and the last GF roll.



Nothing better to refuel your body with than lots fresh veggies! Plus they were all fresh and locally produced, which just adds to their awesomeness. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and enjoying this beautiful weather as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment