Monday, May 4, 2015

Meal Prep: Spinach Quinoa Rainbow Salad


Happy Monday! This weekend was absolutely gorgeous! It was so nice to spend time outside. I spent a ton of time outside with Cora playing frisbee and just soaking up lots of vitamin-D!

In all honesty I prepped this yesterday because today is my first day at my new job! I'm super excited, but I wanted to be prepared for the week and not have to stress about getting food ready. Packing lunch is an easy way to stay healthy and any office temptations. I prepped this delicious salad to help me power through the day. I also have a greek yogurt packed with my lunch, sliced fruit to snack on throughout the day, and a huge water bottle that I can refill throughout the day.

Spinach Quinoa Rainbow Salad (for each salad):
  • 2 cups spinach and spring mix blend
  • 1/4 cup cooked quinoa*
  • 1/4 cup roasted beets, sliced
  • 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
  • 1/4 Jazz apple, diced
  • 1.5 tablespoons vegan "cheese" (I found it at the grocery store by the regular cheese) or feta cheese

In each container or jar layer in spinach, quinoa, sliced roasted beets, pomegranate seeds, diced apple, and top with cheese.

Keep containers/jar in the refrigerator. 

If you'd like to add dressing toss dressing in each container the day you're going to eat it, otherwise the salad will get soggy (and no one wants soggy salad). 

*I prepared 1 cup of trader joe's tricolor quinoa in 2 cups water. 

Nutrition Information (per salad):
MACROS: 53C/4F/11P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 279
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4 g6 %
Saturated Fat 1 g4 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg1 %
Sodium 247 mg10 %
Potassium 788 mg23 %
Total Carbohydrate 53 g18 %
Dietary Fiber 9 g35 %
Sugars 17 g
Protein 11 g23 %
Vitamin A124 %
Vitamin C33 %
Calcium11 %
Iron22 %

No comments:

Post a Comment