Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday Meal Prep: Portabella Veggiburger Salad (Gluten Free, Vegetarian)


Happy Memorial Day!! If you are lucky enough to have the day off I hope you can get outside and enjoy the day with family and friends! Don't forget the real reason we celebrate Memorial Day- to honor the brave men and women who have, and continue to fight for our country! A big THANK YOU to all of these amazing men and women!

Sadly, I don't have the day off. I have to work and I have to be at work early and work late- sounds fun right? Yeah no. BUT nothing makes the day move a bit faster than a delicious lunch! I have been craving veggies so I went with a salad this week. 

Normally I'd make my own protein for the salad, but I went the lazy route and bought these veggie burgers at the grocery store. These veggie burgers are so yummy!! They are gluten free and super quick to prep, which is always a bonus in my book. This salad is sure to make your coworkers green with veggie envy!

Portabella Veggiburger Salad:
  • 2 cups power blend lettuce (kale, spinach, spring mix blend)
  • 1/2 on the vine tomato, sliced
  • 1/4 cup avocado, sliced
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
  • 1 teaspoon homemade roasted cinnamon chickpeas
  • 1 Tablespoon vegan cheese
  • 1 gluten free Portabella Veggiburger (I used Franklin Farms brand)

Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with nonstick cook spray.

Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. 

Place portabella veggiburgers on baking sheet. I prepared 3 burgers at once.

Bake for 6 minutes. Flip then bake for an additional 4 minutes. Cook time may vary depending on your oven and the type of burger you use.

While the veggie burger is baking prepare the salad. I use tupperware containers because those are the easiest for me to carry and take to work.

In each container place lettuce, tomato, avocado, blueberries, walnuts, roasted chickpeas, and vegan cheese. 

When the veggie burgers are done baking allow them to cool completely before placing them on top of the salad.

Keep containers in the fridge. I highly recommend packing the salad in a lunch box with a cold pack to keep everything as fresh as possible. 

I packed chopped up fruit and some almonds to go with my salad.

If you make them tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #thesimplelife and go like my new page on Facebook!

Nutrition information (based on 1 salad):
MACROS: 22C/9F*/20P
*if you think the fat count is high think about where the fat is coming from- walnuts and avocado- its a good kind of fat, the kind your body needs.
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 228
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9 g14 %
Saturated Fat 1 g5 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 569 mg24 %
Potassium 638 mg18 %
Total Carbohydrate 22 g7 %
Dietary Fiber 9 g36 %
Sugars 4 g
Protein 20 g40 %
Vitamin A112 %
Vitamin C151 %
Calcium20 %
Iron29 %



2 comments:

  1. Could you include a recipe or a suggested link for the cinnamon chickpeas?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of winged making the chickpeas but it was similar to the recipe found on Sally's Baking Addiction for cinnamon chickpeas but I did not use any sugar.

      Delete