Thursday, May 10, 2018

Puppy Love and CPR: Thinking Out Loud #88

Happy Thursday! This week has felt long because I've been waiting for today. I've got some fun plans tonight so I'm pretty pumped about that, plus the weather is GORGEOUS! Winter felt so long so it's amazing to be able to spend nights outside soaking up the sunshine. Anyway let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!


1. I cannot believe it's been FIVE years since I brought Cora home. She was only six months old when we adopted her from a local shelter. She's been a handful (that's putting it lightly), but I wouldn't change anything because she's given us so much love and laughter. Shelter dogs are the best dogs, I will never be convinced otherwise.


2. Evidently we're skipping spring this year and heading straight into summer. We went from the mid 40's to the mid to upper 80's. I'm not complaining because all the flowers are blooming, the sun feels amazing, and the world seems more alive. Plus the mornings are finally warm enough to run outside. 


3. Speaking of running outside look at this beautiful view😍I love sunrise and sunset, but running while the sun rises will forever be my favorite. While it's not quite the same as running at sunrise in Hawaii it's still pretty dang beautiful. 


4. Do you ever have those days when you're just DEAD TIRED. That was me on Saturday at work. I was running on 2 hours of sleep, which is my own fault for staying up late, but I also couldn't sleep once I got to bed. I had to sit through four hours of graduation at a local university for work and it was torture. About the only thing that made it worthwhile was our videographer/one of my best friends graduated so I got to see him walk across the stage. Overall I felt I didn't look too shabby for running on so little sleep. A little (or a lot of) makeup does wonders😂


5. Sunday I reported on the local half and full marathon. It was an incredibly long day (I had to be in at 5am), but it was pretty fun because it ended on the 50 yard line at Nebraska's football stadium. I've been on the field several times before, but it always strikes me because when you look up and around you it's massive! I can't imagine playing surrounded by so many people🙆


6. We had CPR training at the station yesterday and EVERYONE posted a meme from The Office😂Any other office fans out there?🙋I think the instructor got a little annoyed with us because we could not take things seriously and were cracking up the entire time. The important thing is we did learn CPR (which I had certified previously) and then we learned how to use a defibrillator which I didn't know how to do. Both are so important to know because you never know when someone near you is going to need it. 


7. I'm just going to leave it at that because the quote is so true. It's not an easy thing to do but some of the best lessons come from stepping outside what's comfortable.

Have a great Thursday and a terrific weekend🎉🎉🎉

What is one way you've stepped out of your comfort zone recently? 

What is your favorite time of day and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment