Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Little Windy: Thinking Out Loud #87

Happy Thursday! This week has felt like such a long one, but I've also been running low on sleep so that might be why. Regardless I'm happy it's my weekend. I plan on catching up on some sleep and laundry and doing some cooking. Thrilling weekend I know😂Adulting isn't always fun, but I do appreciate naps more than when I was younger. Anyway let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud


1. The wind here has been INSANE🙆try standing and doing a live shot with 50-60 mile per hour wind gusts. My hair was all over the place and just insane. Of course I didn't have a pony tail holder on me or even a rubber band so I had to roll with it. I came in the next morning to an email from a viewer who felt the need to inform me my hair was messed up during my live shot...no duh fella.


2. First and only time in my life (so far) I've gotten a dust storm warning. My videographer and I were out chasing these crazy dust storms along the interstate when all our phones started going off. It sounded like an amber alert, but it was for a dust storm. Whenever we'd get out of the car to get video we would be pushed back by the wind because it was so strong. Going through a dust storm is probably one of the crazier things I've experienced.


3. Every May this is the best meme on the internet. On our morning show we even showed some of the music video from NSYNC's It's Gonna Be Me. The news director and older viewers had no clue what was happening, but the female news reporters were fan girling. Plus NSYNC got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame so that was pretty cool. Seeing this meme all over my social media feeds never fails to make me laugh.


4. I'm still working on my yoga. I haven't had much time to practice this week with work being crazy busy, however I do plan on indulging in some yoga during my weekend. It's such a good way to relax and I love feeling that I'm getting stronger. I've also found it's a good mental workout too because you have to focus and letting everything else fall away is so relaxing.


5. Cora is still a conehead and the dirty looks continue. My parents have been snapping pictures and sending them to me. Cora's leg is healing, but if the cone is taken off she will go right back to picking at it and then it's back to being in the cone. It's better to let it totally heal than having it partially heal and being injured again. If only she would learn her lesson, but the silly pup won't listen.


6. This quote just summarizes where I'm at right now. I'm working on a post about it, but for the first time in awhile I'm totally content with where I'm at. It's taken a lot of work and some not so easy conversations, yet here I am. Nothing beats the feeling of being totally content with where you're at. Once I get all my thoughts out I'll share it.  

Have a great Thursday and a terrific weekend🎉🎉🎉

What is one thing you're thankful for today?

If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment