Thursday, May 31, 2018

Hot, Hot, HOT: Thinking Out Loud #91

Happy Thursday! It has been hot, hot, HOT this week🔥Seriously though we hit triple digit heat for several days in a row. I'm all about summer but this is too hot. I would be totally fine if temperatures were only in the mid 70's for most of the summer. Reporting outside in the extreme heat is miserable, I don't know how reporters in Dallas and other places do it. Anyways, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud

1. Have I mentioned it's been hot? HOLY SMOKES it's way too hot even for me. I like summer, but Nebraska heat is intense. I'd be fine with 70 degrees and sunny, especially when I'm outside reporting. No one wants to see a sweaty reporter and it's not like we don't sweat. It happens and I'd prefer everyone not see me as a sweaty mess but sometimes there's no way to get around the heat. 

2. Not even the heat could keep a group of us reporters and producers from going out to celebrate one of sports guys moving. The hardest part of this business is saying goodbye to people, especially people you've grown close to. The sports guy appreciate hockey as much as I do and it was always a blast working with him on weekends. Even though I was the only girl in the newsroom all the guys kept the mood light. Best of luck to him as he moves home to Colorado. P.S. if you're ever in Lincoln Barry's is an awesome hangout spot. The rooftop is the best and no I'm not drinking that's a glass of water, I was the DD for the night💦

3. Less than a month until I get to go home and see this goofball🎉 I'm only going home for a few days for my cousins wedding, but I'll be home for my birthday and get some snuggle time in with Cora which I'm very excited about. It's been way too many months since I've seen my crazy dog so I'm looking forward to some time with her because the next time I'll get to see her is probably Christmas. 

4. I was out driving to a story when I heard a song come on the radio and it was such a sweet song. Siri came to the rescue and helped me figure out what the song is. I'm not a big ZAYN fan, but it's a really good song. If you're into sweet songs that don't have a crazy beat then definitely check it out. 

5. A friend and I were talking this week about how much has changed in the past month. Even since I shared my post about change my life has changed so much. There's a few people I've gotten so close to this month and I can't imagine not having them in my life now.

6. This quote is so true for me right now. I've had people come into my life in the past few weeks and just drastically change it. It was something I never saw coming, but it's been amazing. It's crazy to think how quickly life can change and how much one person can change your life.

Have a terrific Thursday and a great weekend🎉🎉🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment