Thursday, June 14, 2018

Office in the Sky: Thinking Out Loud #93

Happy Thursday! Maybe it's just me, but this has been such a long week. I've had a ridiculous amount of overtime at work and it's been HOT. Same old story I know. It's about to be a crazy hot weekend, but I have a ton of super fun plans so I'm not going to let the heat slow me down🔥Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud


1. The part I love most about my job is everyday is something different, I don't ever have a typical day at the office. One of the coolest stories I've done was this week about a group offering free flights to kids to get them interested in pursuing careers in aviation. One of the pilots took me up in his private plane, it was like a cessna for any aviation people out there. He flew me around and I got to see a few towns and some farms, the view was just beautiful. I feel so incredibly blessed that I have a job I genuinely love and look forward to going to, even on days where I have a zillion hours of overtime. 


2. Baking therapy is the best. I had a million things to do on my days off last week, but what did I do instead? Bake banana bread🍌It was an awesome stress reliever and I took it into work and it was demolished within a few minutes. I'm going to share the recipe next week because I got a few requests when I shared a pictures on instagram, plus it's super easy to make!


3. Less than a week until I am reunited with my puppy! I'm so excited to see her (and my family), plus I get to see my amazing cousin get married. Her wedding is the entire reason I'm going home. It's a very quick trip since I don't get much vacation time, but I'm excited to have a few days to relax and catch up on puppy snuggles. Cora will be far more interested in playing, but I'll hold her down and make sure to get some snuggles in😂Just kidding!


4. The flowers my amazing boyfriend got me are still looking so beautiful. I smile every single time I walk in the door and see them💜He's so good to me and most definitely a keeper. I'm not a big gifter, but he never fails to surprise me with the sweetest gestures and it blows me away every time. To any single ladies out there, being single is 100% worth the wait. Find a man who loves you enough to show up at 7:30 on a Monday morning with flowers or a note just because he wanted to see you before work. Gifts are not necessary, but he's a true gentleman and everyday he gets better. That's the kind of guy you want. Don't settle for anything less.


5. Holy guacamole! No one prepared me or gave me a warning of what storms are like in the midwest🙆living in Michigan my entire life I thought I was the midwest, but most definitely not. The other day we had some pretty strong storms, which I found fascinating. Watching the storm roll in and seeing how quickly the sky goes from sunny to almost black was really interesting, and mildly frightening. The longer I live out here the more I find myself becoming a weather nerd because you see so many different types of weather out there. Nerd alert, I know. 


6. I love this quote so much💜Working in the field I do I wear a ton of makeup all the time. The first thing I do when I go home is take it all off. I always apologize to my boyfriend and friends for looking like a bum when they see me off work. He threw me by asking me why I do that because he likes me without all the makeup because it's me. He doesn't mind all the makeup of course, but he said he likes when I go zero makeup and rock my crazy, naturally wavy and curly hair. It blew me away because to a degree I've gotten so used to seeing myself with a ton of makeup on that when I take it off I see imperfections and scars. Guess what? Those things don't matter to people who love you. You are beautiful just the way you are. No makeup or hair straighteners needed.

Have a great Thursday and a terrific weekend🎉🎉🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment