My apologies as this post will be rather short and the photos are not the best. I threw together a really quick salad that was really good and perfectly sweet for summer that I wanted to share.
Apricot Mushroom Summer Salad
- 3 small apricots, sliced
- 2 cups organic spring mix lettuce
- 1/3 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1/6 avocado, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried tart cherries
- 1 teaspoon dried coconut
- 1 portobello mushroom cap, sliced and grilled
- 1 veggie burger, cooked and cut into chunks
Arrange salad and toppings on plate.
Heat grill to 400 degrees. Spray portobello mushroom cap with nonstick cook spray so it won't stick to grill.
Grill mushroom cap on each side until tender, about five minutes on each side.
Once mushroom is cooked, remove from grill, slice up and throw on top of salad.