Thursday, June 12, 2014

Rainy Days Make For Good Baking


Happy healthy Thursday! Despite the rain Cora and I have made the most of the day. In between the showers when the sun would peak out we would run outside and play. Cora would stay outside in the rain if I'd let her.



Yesterday was also a cold, rainy day so it was the perfect day to do some baking. I used my new mandolin slicer to cut apples so I could make apple chips. Apple chips are a favorite of mine and they make a great snack.

Apple Chips:
  • 1 Fuji Apple
  • 1 Granny Smith Apple
  • or apples of choice
Slice apples to desired thickness. 

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.

Bake at 225 for 45 minutes, remove, flip, and bake for an additional 45 minutes. 


Last night I went to bible study with some friends, but before I made healthy chicken salad for dinner. Awhile ago I had posted a recipe for chicken salad without mayo, but this time I switched some things up.

Mayoless Chicken Salad
  • 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1/3 cup green (or red) grapes, halfed
  • 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt- I used Fage plain w/vanilla greek yogurt (the vanilla makes the yogurt sweeter)
In a bowl mix all ingredients together. 

Refrigerate before and after serving.

The chicken salad can be served on bread, in a pita, or over romaine lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment