Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dad's, Kabob's and a Turtle


Happy Sunday everyone and most importantly Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there! In honor of Father's Day I dug up an old photo of my dad, my brother and I. My dad has always been there for us and I am so grateful to have such an amazing dad, Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you!!


Yesterday for lunch I heated up a leftover pineapple chicken skewer. I had made the skewers Friday night for dinner for the family and leftovers just sounded good. Plus I was lazy and didn't feel like making anything for lunch, we all have those days right?! 

Pineapple Chicken Skewers
  • 1 cup fresh mango, sliced
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
  • 1 teaspoon gluten free low sodium teriyaki sauce
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • pack of 3 or 4 chicken breasts
  • additional 1 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1 red, 1 green and 1 orange bell pepper, cut into chunks
  • 4 or 5 kabob sticks

In a blender blend together 1 cup pineapple, mango, and teriyaki sauce. Blend until smooth.

After blending stir in brown sugar.

Cut chicken breasts into chunks and place in medium sized mixing bowl. Pour pineapple, mango, teriyaki, and brown sugar blend over chicken and stir together. 

Using the kabob sticks assemble chicken, pineapple, and green and red peppers in whatever order you choose. I made some skewers just pineapple and chicken, others pineapple, chicken, and bell peppers, and some just bell peppers and chicken.

Line a pan with tin foil. Place assembled kabobs sticks in pan. If desired you can pour the extra pineapple, mango, teriyaki, and brown sugar blend over kabob sticks in pan or you can pitch it.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is done. Make sure to check several pieces of chicken as not all chunks of meat on the kabob are cut evenly. The juices will run clear when the chicken is done.


I've been meaning to share this photo for awhile now, but one morning before work I was out walking and I saw this beautiful painted turtle in the road. After I snapped a picture I picked the turtle up and moved him, I didn't him (or her) to get run over. 

Enjoy your Sunday and be sure to tell your dad Happy Father's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment