Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Loaded Oreo Cookie Bars


I love baking and even though I don't like sweets I enjoy making them for other people. A friend invited me to an event tomorrow night, so I thought it would be a good time to test out a new recipe. 

The house smelt so good while these were baking! My mom was my taste tester after the bars had cooled and she gave her stamp of approval, she even asked me for my recipe!

Loaded Oreo Cookie Bars
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 package Oreo's, chopped
  • OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup M&M's 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cook spray.

In a large mixing bowl combine flour and brown sugar.

Add in melted butter, vanilla extract and the egg. Mix together thoroughly, but do not over mix batter. 

Fold chopped Oreo's into batter.

Dump batter into greased pan. Press down batter with hands so it is equally spread. 

If you want to include M&M's take 1/2 of them and spread them out on top of batter. Using your hands gently press them down into the batter.

Bake for 17 minutes at 350 degrees. The bars are done when the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Allow to cool for an hour before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment