Friday, June 13, 2014

Parfait with a View!


Nothing like enjoying a delicious fruit parfait with a view! During the summer I love sitting outside to eat when weather permits and when mosquitoes aren't swarming. 



Cora was very happy about my decision to eat outside. She got to run around the yard and hunt while I sat on the deck and ate.



I sat next to these beautiful flowers while I ate. These flowers are such a beautiful color and they don't attract bees, which makes me happy because I do not want to get stung!




Granola Fruit Parfait
  • 1/2 cup dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1 peach, diced
  • 1/4 cup plain GF granola 

Instead of making my parfait look all pretty in a mason jar or a glass I was lazy and threw everything in a bowl. It still tastes the same!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just discovered your blog and I absolutely love it! You are so inspirational! I love all the recipes and can't wait to try them out. I am on a fitness journey of my own and need to lose around 100 pounds. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley, thank you so much for your sweet comments!! My advice is believe in yourself! You CAN and WILL do this transformation, it will take time, but you are capable of anything and everything you set your mind to. Start with small changes in your diet and gradually make bigger changes. Find small ways to get more exercise into your day, maybe take a walk when you have a break for lunch. Get up and stretch or even do a few short workouts throughout the day. I know when I get busy instead of doing long workouts I will slip in 2 or 3 15 minute yoga workouts. It keeps me moving and motivated. Most importantly know that in the process to lose weight no one is perfect- there will be struggles. I know some days I got so frustrated when I slipped up and ate too much or didn't workout. Instead of going cold turkey practice moderation. Remember dieting isn't the answer, it has to be a lifestyle change. Surround yourself with positive people who are going to encourage you during this process. Please, please keep me updated on your journey and if you ever need a listening ear I am here (always feel free to shoot me an email!) I am so excited for you as you begin an amazing journey :)

    ReplyDelete