Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunny Days

What a gorgeous weekend! It's been a busy weekend, but I can't complain because the weather was perfect all weekend.

Most of the weekend was spent doing work outside around the house. Even though I was cleaning I couldn't complain with the sun shining and 82 degree temps. 


Saturday for lunch I made a portobello mushroom "pizza". I use the term pizza lightly as it is not a traditional pizza.

Portobello Mushroom "Pizza"
  • 1 organic portobello mushroom
  • 1/2 cup organic baby spinach
  • 1/3 cup organic GF marinara sauce
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Arrange pizza with desired toppings. 

Bake for 17 minutes at 400 degrees. Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.


After spending all afternoon in the hot sun I didn't want anything heavy for dinner. I opted for a salad which I topped with grilled chicken.

Grilled Chicken Summer Salad
  • 2 cups organic baby spinach and spring mix lettuce
  • 1/3 cup bell peppers- I used orange and red
  • 1/4 cup avocado 
  • 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons dried tart cherries
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
  • 1 tablespoon pepitas
  • 1 tablespoon dried coconut shreds
  • 2 apricots, sliced
  • 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
  • 4 ounce grilled chicken breast- on my grill it took 8 minutes on each side for the chicken to fully cook. When the juices run clear the chicken is done

I prepared the salad about an hour beforehand and kept it cold in the fridge. 

After the chicken finished on the grill I shredded it and threw on top of the salad.


There's no better end to the weekend than spending it by the lake. Such a relaxing end to a busy weekend. 

Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend and here's to a wonderful work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment