Most of the weekend was spent doing work outside around the house. Even though I was cleaning I couldn't complain with the sun shining and 82 degree temps.
Saturday for lunch I made a portobello mushroom "pizza". I use the term pizza lightly as it is not a traditional pizza.
Portobello Mushroom "Pizza"
- 1 organic portobello mushroom
- 1/2 cup organic baby spinach
- 1/3 cup organic GF marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange pizza with desired toppings.
Bake for 17 minutes at 400 degrees. Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
After spending all afternoon in the hot sun I didn't want anything heavy for dinner. I opted for a salad which I topped with grilled chicken.
Grilled Chicken Summer Salad
- 2 cups organic baby spinach and spring mix lettuce
- 1/3 cup bell peppers- I used orange and red
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon dried coconut shreds
- 2 apricots, sliced
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 4 ounce grilled chicken breast- on my grill it took 8 minutes on each side for the chicken to fully cook. When the juices run clear the chicken is done
I prepared the salad about an hour beforehand and kept it cold in the fridge.
After the chicken finished on the grill I shredded it and threw on top of the salad.
There's no better end to the weekend than spending it by the lake. Such a relaxing end to a busy weekend.
Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend and here's to a wonderful work week!