Monday, August 15, 2016

Blueberry Zucchini Muffins (Allergy Friendly & Vegan)


Happy Monday! This past week has been a crazy with getting back from a short vacation, hanging out with friends and trying to get a million things done, but it's also been one of the best weeks I've had in a long time. I've laughed more than I have in a long time and at times I thought my heart might burst from happiness. 

Anyway I'll stop rambling right now. Let's talk muffins. You guys have been loving the flourless chocolate peanut butter muffins and seeing people make and enjoy them has made me so happy! Do you remember when I said I had a GIANT zucchini that I needed to use? I was feeling inspired to make some zucchini muffins after seeing so many awesome recipes by fellow bloggers. After some tweaking I'm happy to say these muffins are delicious! They're small so they're perfect for a snack, the macros are AWESOME and you can't even taste the zucchini <- picky eaters will be happy plus you sneak some veggies in ;) 

Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
  • heaping 1/2 cup GF oats 
  • 3/4 cup shredded zucchini, squeeze water out with paper towel
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 2 tablespoons protein powder of choice (OPTIONAL)
  • 1/4-1/3 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line 6 muffin tins or spray with nonstick cook spray.

Combine all ingredients except blueberry in a medium sized mixing bowl. The batter should be thick, but not dry. If the batter is too dry add extra almond milk in 1 tablespoon at a time until the batter is thinned out.

When the batter is formed gently fold blueberries into batter.

Fill muffin tins roughly 2/3 full, you should be able to get 5-6 muffins.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Allow muffins to cool completely before removing from tins. Store in fridge or freeze for later use.

If you make these muffins take a picture, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page

Nutrition per muffin (based on 5 muffins):
MACROS: 7C/1F/3P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 5.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 47
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1 g2 %
Saturated Fat 0 g1 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 39 mg2 %
Potassium 35 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 7 g2 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g4 %
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g6 %
Vitamin A1 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium7 %
Iron4 %


No comments:

Post a Comment