Wednesday, August 3, 2016

WIAW

Happy hump day aka halfway to the weekend, whoop whoop! I've been pretty bad about doing WIAW posts, but sometimes life gets busy. Plus, I'm a creature of habit and I don't think you want to look at me eating the same thing every Wednesday. 

Since I've been working with Katie (of Katiesfitscript) she's been tweaking my macros continuously to find what works for my body. I also meal prep because it makes life easier, but it also means I eat a lot of the same foods which I'm honestly fine with. I'm a repeat meal offender I know. 


Breakfast was my usual oats. I've learned that oatmeal mixed with 2 tablespoons of protein powder (I prefer Bob's Red Mill protein powder) topped with fruit keep me full longer than any protein smoothie. I almost always have 1 egg mixed with 4 tablespoons of egg whites on the side for extra protein, I cook them up like scrambled eggs. This breakfast keeps me full for hours.


I've still been going strong on my usual lunch, but recently I met up with a friend at Panera to catch up and have lunch. Their strawberry poppyseed and chicken salad is the bomb! Let alone it's so macro friendly, more importantly it's incredibly delicious. I got it without the pecans and dressing on the side because I rarely use salad dressing and when I do I use very little- I hate when a salad is swimming in dressing. I've found that my local Panera is incredibly accommodating to my dietary restrictions, so never be afraid to ask if a restaurant can accommodate you more often than not I've found restaurants and managers to be very friendly and happy to help. 


During the summer I grill a lot because I'm not big on grilling when it's a snowstorm outside. I grill just about everything, but one of my new favorites this year is grilled sweet potato. Everyone thought it was strange, but then they tried it and realized how good it was. All I do is slice the potato into wedges/strips, spray with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil (SUPER IMPORTANT so it doesn't stick to the grill), season with greek seasoning and grill on medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes a side. BAM done. I like to top grilled potato with a little bit of vegan butter, so good! I've also been having tilapia more recently, that cooks really nice on the grill as well. I added a golden plum on the side. It was the first time I'd seen a golden plum at the grocery store and had to try one- they're really good and a tad sweeter than regular plums.

What's your favorite thing to grill?
Do you have a go to meal that you stick with? What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment