Sunday, October 25, 2015

Baked Cinnamon Egg White Raspberry Oatmeal


Happy Sunday friendly faces! My Sunday morning has been rather productive thus far and it's not even 8:30am. Normally I let myself sleep in on Sunday- and by sleep in I mean I don't set my alarm, but normally I am up at 4 anyway. I couldn't sleep so I got up and went to the gym. 

Sunday's are either rest days or cardio days for me depending on what I feel like. This morning I did a light 4 miles and it felt amazing! Since I wasn't able to run for over a year and then I had to take another break of almost 3 weeks I have really been appreciating what my body can do. For now I'm taking it slow and building up my mileage and slowly working on my time. I have the itch to start training for a half marathon again though!!

After running and doing some light cross training I whipped up some baked oatmeal. I had never had baked oatmeal before and boy was I missing out! It's so fluffy and delicious! I normally have cinnamon oatmeal, but I threw a little spin on it to add some extra protein to refuel. It's healthy, easy, and a quick Sunday morning breakfast to help you power through the day!

Baked Cinnamon Egg White Raspberry Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon, more or less to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 Tablespoons egg whites
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 oz fresh raspberries, divided

Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. 

Spray a ramekin (I used a 3 inch ramekin) with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil. 

Combine oats, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla extract, egg whites and almond milk in ramekin. Stir until well combined.

Add in 1 oz fresh raspberries. I cut some of the raspberries in half.

Baked oatmeal at 350F degrees for 20-25 minutes. The oatmeal will be done when it has puffed and hardened on top.

Allow oatmeal to cool for a few minutes. 

Top with the remaining 1 oz fresh raspberries, Purely Elizabeth pumpkin fig granola, and Buff Bake coffee bean protein almond butter. Enjoy! 

Nutrition: 
MACROS: 34C/5F/11P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 224
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5 g7 %
Saturated Fat 1 g3 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 187 mg8 %
Potassium 388 mg11 %
Total Carbohydrate 34 g11 %
Dietary Fiber 8 g33 %
Sugars 4 g
Protein 11 g22 %
Vitamin A5 %
Vitamin C25 %
Calcium24 %
Iron14 %

No comments:

Post a Comment