Tuesday, July 7, 2015

4th of July Recap

The 4th of July was a picture perfect day! It was in the low 80's and sunny absolutely all day- it was a perfect night for fireworks. 


I started the morning out bright and early at the gym and kicked MAJOR butt!! I did a Katie FitScript bicep and tricep workout, but before hand I did deadlifts and chest presses (among other moves), which I finally got back to where I was before I had to stop for awhile. That combined with Katie's workout made my arms like wet noodles hahaha!


Of course I had to make patriotic themed food for lunch! I made a salmon salad and a yogurt parfait. 

Patriotic Salad
  • 2 cups organic baby lettuces
  • 1/6 cup sliced avocado
  • 4 strawberries, sliced
  • 5-7 raspberries
  • 2 tablespoons blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon vegan crumbled cheese
  • 1 salmon fillet, grilled and shredded


Patriotic Yogurt Parfait
  • 1/2 cup dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt
  • 4 fresh strawberries
  • 5 raspberries
  • 6 blackberries
  • 1.5 tablespoons blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon Purely Elizabeth Granola (my fav!)


Of course it wouldn't be the 4th without a good ole fashioned BBQ! My mom grilled turkey zucchini burgers and I grilled watermelon. My family doubted me about the watermelon but it ended up being a big hit!


There was lots of fruit and veggies for dinner. I piled my plate with steamed broccoli, fresh salad, grilled watermelon, and a small turkey zucchini burger. 


We went out in the boat to get a better view of the fireworks. Once I go through those photos I will post those!

I hope you had a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment