Friday, July 10, 2015

Slow Down Summer!

I have seriously been off my blogging game recently! Part of it must be because I'm just so busy with everything going on, plus I'm getting ready for my trip to Pittsburgh (SO EXCITED!!)). There's a lot going on and it seems like summer is flying by, which makes me sad because the weather has not been super nice so there haven't been hardly any beach days :(


Anyway, on to the important stuff...food! Monday was a rough day. I had to have allergy testing done this week (so not fun) so I had to come off all my allergy medicine. I was given a steroid pack to help me through the five days without my medicine, but I ended up having a horrible reaction to it. I got so dizzy, especially when I'd wake up the room would be spinning, I also was so shaky, which isn't pleasant either. I've had steroids plenty of times so I have no idea why I reacted the way I did. Monday morning I called the doctor who made me stop them right away and come in. Sadly I had to get out of work early, but I ended up having my favorite pancakes later because pancakes are the solution for EVERYTHING. 


Speaking of work, if you think news is all glamorous think again! There's a lot of driving around to shoots and down time waiting for shoots, but I love being out on the streets and getting a chance to share people's stories. Maybe I have a future as a reporter? Who knows. 


Yesterday morning I had allergy testing. Let me tell you, being poked by a bunch of needles is not pleasant, especially when you itch like crazy but can't do anything about it! To make up for two rounds of allergy testing I stopped by my favorite Better Health Market on the way home and made up a salad at the salad bar. Of course it ended up being a "garbage disposal" salad because it had everything- romaine, spinach, and kale lettuce topped with fennel, olives, cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and I'm probably missing a few things hahaha. 


Lastly, I'm super excited to share with you I teamed up with PetSmart and got the opportunity to tour one of their Pet Hotel facilities. I got to bring Cora and PetSmart whipped up a special doggy ice cream treat for her! I'm still going through photos, but I will get that up ASAP because I can't wait to share it with you, plus you can get a FREE special treat for your dog too!  

Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment