Friday, July 31, 2015

Sautéed Kale Sprouts


Oh Trader Joe's how I love thee, oh how I wish there was one closer. I had an appointment that ended up being close to a Trader Joe's, which is always an excuse to go right? I had to pick up my favorite Trader Joe's find...kale sprouts! If you're interested in the macros for the sprouts a picture of the nutrition label is below.

There are so many ways to eat kale sprouts- sautéed, roasted, and this weekend I'm going to try grilling them. Sautéing them is super easy and quick, which makes whipping up a quick week night meal that much easier. 

Sautéed Kale Sprouts
  • 1 bad Trader Joe's Kale Sprouts
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon herb seasoning, to taste
  • Greek seasoning, to taste
  • Ground black pepper, to taste

Spray a skillet with nonstick cook spray and heat to a medium heat.

When the skillet is heated dump the kale sprouts in and lightly drizzle olive oil on top of them. I did not measure the amount of olive oil, but I know it was less than 1/2 Tablespoon. Add in any seasonings you desire.

Allow the sprouts to cook, turning occasionally so they don't burn. 

The sprouts will be done when they are crispy. The easiest way to tell if they're done is to prod one with a fork or taste one. 

It took me less than 10 minutes to cook the sprouts and they were delicious! I heated up leftovers to have with lunch and dinner the next few days and I'm already looking forward to whipping up these bad boys again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment