Monday, July 20, 2015

Meal Prep: 3 Ingredient Crockpot Chili


Happy Monday!! I am so sad the weekend is over!! I was finally able to visit Sam and Amanda in Pittsburgh and it was so much fun exploring the city and just hanging out with them- and can we please talk about how adorable their dog Layla is!?! Puppy kisses galore! I was missing Cora so having Layla as company definitely made up for lost puppy kisses :) 

I travelled home Sunday and jumped right back to work today, but I will try to get a Pittsburgh recap up soon! The next time I visit I want it to be hockey season so I can see my Pittsburgh Penguins play! Before I get to the food I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Sam and Amanda for being such gracious hosts and showing me around!

Anyway, onto the food. After running around when I got home I knew I needed something for meal prep this week. Even though it's hot out the crockpot seemed to be the logical answer to a quick and easy meal, which we all know I am ALL about! This is a super basic chili recipe- only 3 ingredients and then you can use any seasonings you desire.  

3 Ingredient Crockpot Chili
  • 14.5 oz can organic dark red kidney beans, partially drained
  • 14.5 oz can organic petite diced tomatoes (no salt added) with green chili's
  • 1 container (20 oz.) extra lean ground turkey
  • OPTIONAL: seasonings of choice

Put the turkey on the bottom of the crockpot.

Partially drain the red kidney beans- you still want some liquid left in them. Dump the beans on top of the ground turkey.

Pour the petite diced tomatoes into the crockpot, do not drain the tomatoes! 

Finally if you want to add any seasonings in add those in. I added in 1 heaping Tablespoon of chili powder, a few pinches of red pepper flakes, and a pinch of ground black pepper.

Cover the crockpot and turn on high for 4 hours or low for up to 10 hours. I turned the crockpot on in the morning before I left for work and came back over 10 hours later (after 10 hours the crockpot turns itself to warm), the house smelt AMAZING, and dinner was done! Just be sure to stir the chili before serving. 

What I love about this "recipe" (if three ingredients can be called a recipe) is it is so customizable. You can add in any other ingredients or spices that you'd like. After the chili was done I added in more chili powder and stirred it in until I was satisfied. 

Nutrition per serving (makes 4 one cup servings):
MACROS: 19C/10F/33P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 4.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 317
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10 g15 %
Saturated Fat 3 g16 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg33 %
Sodium 355 mg15 %
Potassium 0 mg0 %
Total Carbohydrate 19 g6 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g28 %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 33 g66 %
Vitamin A11 %
Vitamin C20 %
Calcium11 %
Iron21 %

No comments:

Post a Comment