Monday, July 6, 2015

Meal Prep: Healthy Turkey Meatloaf


Happy Monday! What an absolutely beautiful 4th of July weekend! It was such a perfect weekend to relax by the lake and play lots of frisbee with Cora. We didn't do anything fancy this year for the 4th- we had a BBQ and watched fireworks on the lake. I got my family to try grilled watermelon and it was a smashing success! The fireworks were great too- there were a lot of really cool shaped ones. I was definitely up way past my bedtime :)

Even though I was up late for the fireworks I still got up early to meal prep. I want to make sure that I have good lunches to eat throughout the week and it saves money by not having to buy lunch. I wanted to make meatloaf, but I make veggie meatloaf. It's chalk full of delicious veggies that make it so moist and just unbelievably delicious! 

Healthy Meatloaf
  • 1 package (20 oz) lean ground turkey
  • 1/2 red or sweet onion, finely diced
  • 1 zucchini, grated
  • 1 red bell pepper, grated
  • 1 medium carrot, grated
  • 1/3 cup Glutino gluten free breadcrumbs (original)
  • 3 tablespoons liquid egg white
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • ground black pepper, to taste
  • minced garlic, to taste

Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. I found it easiest to use my hands, but you can also use a fork. Make sure the veggies and meat are well blended.

Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil. 

Spread the meat and veggies evenly into the loaf pan. 

Bake at 350F degrees for 50-55 minutes.

Slice into the meatloaf to check for doneness, if the inside is no longer pink it is done. 

Allow the meatloaf to cool before storing in the refrigerator or freezer. I cut the meatloaf into 4 large slices, but you can cut the pieces smaller.

Nutrition per serving:
MACROS: 15C/12F/30P

Nutrition Facts
Servings 4.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 301
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12 g18 %
Saturated Fat 3 g17 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg33 %
Sodium 251 mg10 %
Potassium 358 mg10 %
Total Carbohydrate 15 g5 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g9 %
Sugars 7 g
Protein 30 g60 %
Vitamin A61 %
Vitamin C81 %
Calcium7 %
Iron10 %


No comments:

Post a Comment